Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a glorious October weekend

We attended the wedding of a close friend's daughter this past Saturday. The weather could not have been better - high 70's and sunny. The bride was breath takingly beautiful as was the entire event. Lots and lots of fun thanks to great food, fun friends and a spectatular band.

Sunday I decided to decorate for Halloween on a very small scale. It's the taking down and putting away that I find daunting. Many of the gourds I grew were attacked by a vicious, white worn. The ones I saved are gracing an outdoor wall hanging and look very festive. Not to be discouraged, I will try to grow a more productive crop of gourds next year.

I put my fall apron swap package in the mail this morning. Now it is on to the Sparkle and Glitter swap from mommyholly and two other holiday swaps for which I've signed up. Swaps are so much fun. The only problem is that they get in the way of more important things I need to do - like clean the house!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hi Yvonne! I got the Hot Drinks apron package the other day. I sent you a note in the mail, but you know how slow the mail can be! I didn't think to send you a note here until now. I LOVE the apron and all of the other little goodies, you did a great job! I see your profile name is "cakegirl." I hope you'll post some pics of your cakes. I make cakes too and love to see the ones others make. Thanks again!